About Torah Way, Manchester
Start Your Day The Torah Way (SYDTTW) was founded by a group of young men in Manchester who wanted a morning shiur before beginning their day's work. They initially approached Rabbis Moshe Kupetz, Yossi Chazzan and Shimon Kaplin, to ask if they would be willing to give shiurim, one week at a time.
Realising that this was a major commitment, the idea was modified to having different speakers each day, with these three speakers forming the core. When Rabbi Kupetz was approached, he was learning with Rabbi Moishe Stamler, who thought of the name "Start Your Day The Torah Way".
The first week of speakers was arranged with some fear that no-one would turn up to listen. Posters were put up in local shuls, and B"H, over one hundred people came along to the first shiur.
Bli ayin horo, the attendance of the shiurim has grown tremendously, and SYDTTW has become something of an institution in Manchester. We are very proud of the fact that our success has initiated similar events elsewhere...
- NW London, organised by Dudi Iczkovits (web site)
- Edgware (web site)
- Gateshead (web site)
- Stamford Hill, organised by Rabbi Menashe Sharf
- There have also been enquiries from America and Eretz Yisroel
We are deeply indebted to the following people/organisations for their assistance (names in alphabetical order):-
- R' Menachem Adler you were there for us in early days thank you
- R' M.B. Brandeis z’l kept us on our toes thank you! You loved Torah Way
- R’ Yehuda Brodie z’l you helped us in so many ways!
- R’ Antony Brodie writing our Sunday summary
- R' Dovid Cohen always happy to help
- Mrs Ruth Collins for the most amazing fantastic posters and all your care and love for TW!
- R' Pinchos Corn you were there for us in early days thank you
- R’ Aron Chaim David Proof reading the posters weekly
- R' Sruli Eckstein for meeting the ongoing costs of the recordings
- Mrs Devora Englard Your help with weekly posters
- R' Chaim Fulda always there to help us
- R' Simcha Fulda you know why you here and a big thank you!
- R' E. Goldschmidt always accommodating us in the hall
- Shloime Heimann / S. Halpern’s Ltd for their kind donation
- R' Shmuli Issler for all the hours and hours he spends each week on the recordings, updating the web site and all the little jobs that no-one else does... Thank you Shmuli!
- R’ Dudi Itzkowitz you made torah way global! You always looking to build and build Tw Big Thank You for all your constant support
- Machzekei Hadass for hosting the shiurim
- R’ Aron Mellul hanging the posters weekly
- R’ Bernard Morris gives us hours every week
- R’ Areyh Rechnitzer taking photos of our Rabbonim at no charge
- R' Yaacov Menachem Salomon proof reading the weekly posters
- R’ Yossi Sandler as always there to help
- R’ Simcha Shadmi for the hours and hours every week helping organise SYD and starting and running end your day .. Thank you sim
- R’ Shimon Santhouse for writing the daily shiur summaries
- Mr Jonathon Steinberg and all the people that sponsor and support TW financially
- R' Norman Younger, for providing the recording equipment
- All the people that constantly informing us of new speakers thank you
- All the people that sponsor and support TW financially
- Anyone we have missed out, or whishes to remain anonymous, we know who you are!
- ...and of course all of the most amazing speakers for their time effort and inspiration, and everyone who comes to the shiurim
Hashem should shower you all with brocho and hatzlocho!